Sunday, September 22, 2013

Diigo the Scoopit.

Although I struggled a little bit when I just began to use Diigo and Scoopit, I found these two web tools extremely useful. They both help me collect save, and share information. I hope I knew Diigo earlier. Losing all the websites that are collected is really frustrating, and I was upset for a long time after it happened to me, because I might not get some important websites ever again.Scoopit is fun.And it is more attractive than Diigo, which, for me, is more of a tool to save websites or texts. It offers me a lot of resources in different forms that are related to the topic I am interested in.

                     

        Scoopit                                               Diigo

You can follow and be followed.                   You can follow and be followed.

Posting comments is allowed.                        Posting comments is allowed.

You can add tags.                                    You can add tags.

You cannot highlight texts.                          You can highlight texts.

You can offer suggestion.                          You cannot offer suggestion.


For my future teaching, I will introduce these two web tools to class, especially Scoopit. For example, I can ask students to collect information based on a topic and share it with their fellow students. It also help with doing presentations in class. All in all, I believe they will offer me more choices and a broader way for teaching.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the comparison list. It's helpful. I'm glad that you are thinking of teaching your own students to use these tools. They can be very useful for doing individual or group projects or research.

    ReplyDelete