Sunday, November 10, 2013

I use videos for teaching. It's cool!

     


     I created a video,My Christmas on Animoto. It is a very short video, and not very clear, because I did not upgrade my account. But anyway, I had fun making it, because it was simple and the instruction was direct and clear.
     Videos can be widely used in education. For example, they can be used for introduction of a topic. And it can be very interesting and attractive, because they consist of music, pictures, backgrounds,and texts. In other words, it can arouse students' interest in learning effectively. For another example, they can be used in vocabulary teaching. With the combination of pictures and vocabulary in a video, students can have a better understanding to the new words.
    Besides being used for teaching in class, video can also be a kind of homework. I can ask my students to make videos based on what they have learned, and present them to their fellow students.I will also encourage students to create videos for other areas.

1 comment:

  1. I think your students will enjoy the creativity of practicing their L2 while making videos.

    ReplyDelete