Sunday, November 17, 2013

Listen to Me

Podcast is an online tool for people to get information they they want. Unlike broadcast, podcast bring a lot of convenience to people. They can create podcast just with a microphone and a computer. They can download the podcasts to their computer and listen to them whenever they want, not worrying about missing a podcast. They can also transfer podcasts to other devices, such as ipod, thus they can listen to it wherever they want.

I listened to The Legend of Sleepy Hollow on BBC World News for Children, and I realized that it is a great tool for practicing listening. In my future teaching, I will mainly use podcast for teaching listening to advanced level students. For example, I can ask students to listen to a podcast, and try to write down the story they have heard. Such activity will be mainly applied to teaching advanced level English to adults. I can also ask students to retell the story after they have heard it.    

1 comment:

  1. Yes, podcasts can be great tools for listening practice.

    ReplyDelete